Maintenance Technician (Standby) Grand Blanc - MI
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Live where you work for free!!! No commuting expenses or dealing
with rush hour traffic! No rent and minimal utility expenses!
Thornridge Apartments is currently seeking an experienced, outgoing
and friendly Maintenance Technician!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and
repairingthe physical assets of the apartment buildings. The right
candidatemust possess the ability tocomplete emergency service
requests at an apartment communityimmediately,and
allstandardservice requests within 24-hours, excluding
weekends.This particular Maintenance Technician must live on-site
in a company-provided apartment or living within 15 minutes of the
community, in return for being available to respond to after-hours
emergency calls on a rotating basis.This position requires the
ability to complete all work orders assigned according to company
policies and procedures.Maintenance Techniciansare required to have
an understandingof hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens,
pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and
lock-out safety. We are looking forteam playerswho are
friendly,skilled,diligent, and detail-oriented.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Evaluate and resolvework ordersaccording to company quality
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe fitting,
shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations, garbage
disposal installations, and repairs.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve air conditioner and furnace
- Troubleshoot and diagnose appliance repairs.
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing doors,
doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking, and step
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets, and
- Repair ceramic tile to include flooring and tub surrounds.
- Perform window installations.
- Monitor inventory of themost commonly usedparts to ensure
- Must present the ability toexecute jobdutiesunder
stressfulcircumstancessuch as last-minute deadlines or other
- Exhibit a positiveand respectfuldisposition while interacting
with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with fair housing regulations, OSHA and
company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot ancillary repairs(if applicable, based on
- Responsible for snow/ice removal (if applicable, based on
- Maintain the company vehicle, and vehicle inspection report (if
applicable, based on location).
- Monitor grounds condition and participate in daily grounds
activities (if applicable, based on location).Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and
OSHA regulations(includingstate-specific)is preferred.
- CPO Certification and pool chemistry and maintenance skills are
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and
- Must provide basic tools.
- Must havean acceptable driving record anda valid drivers
license.This position requires you to enter occupied units;
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a
satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on
all applicants being seriously considered.We offer our full-time
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Rent free apartment homeCompensation: Starting at $20.05 per
hour or higher, based on experienceWe are an Equal Opportunity
Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We
recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic
information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal,
state or local laws.Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- EPA Univ
- EPA III
- EPA II
- EPA I
- Cert Pool OperatorRequired
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Waterford , Maintenance Technician (Standby) Grand Blanc - MI, Professions , Waterford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!