Company: Midwest Glass Fabricators, Inc.
Posted on: January 11, 2022
PURPOSE OF JOB: (Briefly state the primary purpose of the job in
terms of how it contributes to the departments objectives.)
Receive glass delivered from vendors; use cutting table/breakout
table to shape glass according to customer specifications; separate
scrap glass for recycling; deliver appropriately cut glass to other
departments via harp or A-frame carts
RESPONSIBILITIES: (List job duties and responsibilities in order of
most complexity and/or time spent to the least.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Cutting has three shifts that runs 24 hours and you may be
required to work the weekend. (start and end times may very.
- Upon arrival, use computer to review Fenevision job orders for
CAD and handmade drawings
- Chock two wheels of any truck for unloading in accordance
w/MIOSHA regulations; secure carts before moving
- Remove glass from flatbed trucks and double drop trailers using
overhead crane and lifting aids such as synthetic slings and place
in the proper storage area
- Use 5 ton lifting crane w suction cups to move glass to and from
the cutting table.
- Locate and secure movable staircase into appropriate position for
safely climbing onto cutting table and to flop sheets of glass onto
the cutting table. Also theres certain glass types we free fall
onto the cutting tables.
- Place foam separators between packs of glass to keep them
- Place tabs on corners of pieces of glass of different sizes in
order to minimize risk of damage.
- Set up cutting machinery to properly score or cut glass according
to job program
- Check label accuracy to make sure that piece of glass makes it to
the next department
- Use tools to break out the glass once it is scored by the cutting
machine. (Runners, Hammer, Chisel)
- Carry (do not throw) unused glass to hoppers for recycling
- Spot check glass for shape accuracy and apply labels when cut;
mark w/chalk or grease pen if required
- Check cutting table and breakout table for glass shards and stray
items that could scratch glass
- Vacuum table between each glass cutting project or when
- Use the hand broom to keep the suction cups clean at all
- Broom sweep area around cutting table; put trash into appropriate
trash bins, Cleanliness of the whole department.
- Read English at 12th grade level; enter and read data from
- High school math including addition, subtraction, multiplication,
EDUCATION / TRAINING: High school graduate; use Windows computer
with Microsoft Office and MPULSE software
EXPERIENCE: 1-5 years flat glass cutting experience preferred
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES: Will be trained and licensed by MWGF for
aerial lift and forklift
WORK HOURS: Monday-Friday (shifts shown above); additional hours
may be required, especially during the weekends start/end/lunch
times will vary in the event of heavy production (such as lunch and
learns) or need to coordinate schedules if another member of the
department is away for vacation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lift 70-100 lbs.8x/hr; alternate standing,
walking, and sitting for 8 hr/day; will climb, kneel, twist, bend
10x/hr; must wear appropriate PPE (typically, safety shoes, safety
glass, cut-proof jacket, and cut proof gloves)
Job Type: Full-time - Wage based on experience
Keywords: Midwest Glass Fabricators, Inc., Waterford , Cutting Operator, Other , Waterford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!