Repairman - Hiring Now!
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Limited time only $750 Sign-On/Retention
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
*Bonus offered for limited time and only for Grounds, Make
Ready and Maintenance Technician roles. Must be Hired prior to
December 31st, 2021 to qualify. First $250 awarded after
successfully completing 90 days of employment; $500 awarded after
6-months of satisfactory employment.
Compensation: Starting at $15.87 per hour
or higher, based on experience.
Rivers Edge Apartments is currently seeking a
hardworking, self-motivated, Make Ready Maintenance Technician to
join our successful and growing team! If you have the skills
required for this position, apply today and see why Edward Rose &
Sons is the right career move for you!
The Make Ready Maintenance Technician is
responsible for completing required steps to ensure all vacant
apartment homes are restored to a market-ready status, within
the allotted time-frame and in accordance with company
policies and procedures. Successful candidates will possess basic
maintenance skills, along with some organizational skills
to track the status of apartments being turned.
particular Make Ready Maintenance Technician
must live on-site in a company-provided apartment, in return for
being available to respond to after-hours emergency calls on a
rotating basis. This position requires the ability to complete
all work orders assigned according to company policies and
Maintenance Technicians are required to
have an understanding of hazardous communication, bloodborne
pathogens, pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire,
ladder, and lock-out safety. The right candidate will
be highly motivated and capable of performing all
turnover maintenance tasks.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Effectively meet turnover deadlines on a consistent basis
with no issues or defects present upon resident
- Work efficiently to avoid duplication of work or multiple
trips to and from the shop during the make-ready
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe
fitting, shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations,
garbage disposal installations, and
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose appliance
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing
doors, doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking,
and step replacement.
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets,
and light fixtures.
- Repair ceramic tile to include flooring and tub
- Successfully perform window
- Maintain and effectively use the appropriate tools
necessary for success in the role.
- Ensure compliance with fair housing regulations, OSHA and
company policies and procedures.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with
residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under
stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other
- Accurately report parts and supplies needed to
effectively restock inventory (if applicable, based on
- Assist with snow/ice removal (if applicable, based on
- Monitor grounds conditions and
participate in daily grounds sweep (if applicable, based on
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and
OSHA regulations (including state-specific) is
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and
- Must provide basic tools.
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
are required for success in this position.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with
a satisfactory background and driving record check
to be performed on all applicants being seriously
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively
seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates
and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Waterford , Repairman - Hiring Now!, Other , Waterford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!