Posted on: May 3, 2021
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering
firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a
multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural
design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way
acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design
Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In
addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S.
Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work
and the satisfaction of our clients.Our mission is to build on our
reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural,
engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and
exceeding our clients' expectations and are known for our
competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and
communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation has a Professional Surveyor opportunity in
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform survey assignments of a complex nature requiring
application of specialized technical expertise performed
independent of other personnel, exercise professional judgment in
- Periodically assigned a lead role in segments of design
projects where survey work is to be done; directing assigned
personnel, meeting cost and time schedules and producing quality
results are primary objectives.
- Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries.
Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location,
elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the
earth's surface for engineering, construction, and other
- Survey and investigate land surfaces to project precise
measurement and location of lines, angles, points, areas, and
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal
descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability
for work performed
- Perform survey duties, including the following:
- deed, survey, mapping, etc. research through local, county and
- computations to perform and complete survey
- coordination with Survey/Project Manager to pool necessary
survey personnel to assist with survey
Preparation of legal description, plat, topographic map, etc.,
to complete project
- Assist office, survey and right-of-way acquisition personnel
with project description and location, determining legal
boundaries, interpretation of deeds, etc.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in
accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Surveying / Mapping, Engineering,
Engineering Technology, Construction Technology, or another related
- 4 or more years relevant experience both in the field and the
- Registered Professional Surveyor (PS) in the state of Michigan
required or ability to obtain within 2 years
- Experience with AutoCAD, Bentley Micro Station or similar
coordinate geometry software
- Ability to perform records research to support boundary and
- Ability to calculate boundary line locations and prepare
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project
sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and
requirements, including a valid driver's license.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health,
dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care
flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with
an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative
wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ
fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal,
and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status,
genetic information, or any other category protected by federal,
state, and local laws.
Keywords: DLZ, Waterford , Professional Surveyor, Other , Waterford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!