Speech Language Pathologist
Company: ABA Pathways
Posted on: June 27, 2019
We are looking for qualified, energetic people who want to make a
difference in children's lives & the lives of their families. It's
such a rewarding experience! Make yourself proud of what you do &
join the ABA Pathways Team! SUMMARY: The speech-language
pathologists (SLP) will provide care to patients through
assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of communication and
swallowing disorders. They will provide alternative communication
(AAC) systems for patients with severe expressive and/or language
comprehension disorders, such as autism spectrum disorder or
progressive neurological disorders. The SLP will work one-on-one
with patients, as well as train staff on programs that focusing on
the patient's individual needs to help them achieve improved
quality of life and independence goals. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on assessments and
recommendations of BCBA, physicians, psychologists, or social
- Write reports and maintain proper documentation of
- Administer hearing or speech and language evaluations, tests,
or examinations to patients.
- Collaborate with patient's team.
- Consult with and advise patients, family members, educators, or
medical staff on communication strategies or speech and language
stimulation. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing
therapies according to individual's physical capacity, intelligence
level, and interest.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting physicians, social
workers, BCBA, and support coordinator, and parents/guardians.
- Ability to lift, move, assist moving weight up to 40 lbs and
stand for extended periods of time.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by
designing and instructing patients, families, and caregivers in
home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive
equipment; recommending home health follow-up programs.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops; reviewing professional publications;
establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Develops staff by providing information; developing and
conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating
future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising
management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. RELATED DUTIES:
- Attends regularly scheduled patient and/or stakeholder team
- Checks and responds to work emails, phone calls on a daily
- Produces reports on an as needed basis or as required by
- Complies with and promotes company mission, policies, and
- Brings problems to the attention of the Board Certified
Behavior Analyst (BCBA); is willing to ask for help.
- Identifies and introduces new ideas and solutions to create
efficiency in operations or services.
- Represents the company and position in a professional manner at
all times. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters or doctoral degree in speech-language pathologists or
related field from an accredited school.
- Have obtained the Certificate of Clinical Competence in
- Demonstrated experience and skills in team leadership.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Background clearance, TB clearance, & infant/child CPR and
First Aid certification will be required. This position is
part-time. If they desire, candidates can increase their hours
through Behavior Technician work until their caseload reaches
Keywords: ABA Pathways, Waterford , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Saginaw, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!