Home Health & Hospice LPN
Company: Interim Healthcare of Oakland County
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Interim Healthcare is seeking a Home Health & Hospice LPN to assist
our clients in Wayne & Oakland Counties!!!
This is a Hourly, Full Time, Monday-Friday position. - We pay for
your Travel time, Documentation time and offer Mileage
Wages starting at $27.00 -per hour. -Benefits include -
Med/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401K, PTO, Paid Sick, Employee
Discounts, On Call Pay, Paid Training & Orientation, Bereavement
Pay, 100% EMR for Documentation, Company Provided Equipment,
Tuition Assistance etc.
The Home Health & Hospice Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is
responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision
of a registered nurse. - Responsibilities include following the
plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively
with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care
outcomes. - Provides effective and efficient patient care under the
supervision of a registered nurse and in accordance with applicable
law and regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice and
Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- - Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice
- - Responsible for delivering nursing care to patients as directed
by the registered nurse and the physician's plan of care.
- - Responsible for performing services which are planned,
delegated, and supervised by the registered nurse. -
- - Responsible for making decisions based on individual
educational preparation and experience as a licensed
- - Responsible for frequent and timely communication to the
appropriate registered nurse, supervisor and other staff members
regarding the patient's condition. -
- - Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services
to reflect the plan of care.
- - Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately
reporting the identified needs for hospice interdisciplinary group
- - Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. - Evaluates
patient's response to treatments/medications.
- - Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- - Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- - May have access to personal health information ("PHI")
necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. -
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- - Graduate of an accredited vocational school for LPN/LVN and
licensed to practice as LPN/LVN in the state in which employed.
- - Twelve (12) months experience in an acute care environment.
- - One (1) year of hospice care experience (preferred).
- - One (1) year of wound care management (preferred).
- - Previous Home Healthcare experience (preferred).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: -
- - Able to demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
organization skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per
- - Proven ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- - Understands home health & hospice philosophy.
- - Understands principles of pain/symptom management.
- - Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- - Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the
workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- - Able to effectively deal with multiple changes
- - Evidence of current CPR certification.
- - Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care,
Working Conditions & Physical Effort: -
- - Work is normally performed in patient's home, or hospice
- - Able to constantly travel locally from assignment to
- - Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- - Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
reach freely and assist clients with standing and walking.
- Medium physical activity that may require frequent lifting,
carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs in order to carry out
daily job functions and related activities that may be
required.PandoLogic. Keywords: Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse,
Location: Waterford, MI - 48327 , PL: 547336406
Keywords: Interim Healthcare of Oakland County, Waterford , Home Health & Hospice LPN, Healthcare , Waterford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!